martes, 14 de julio de 2009

Cognitive Surplus



After watching this video it made me realize how do I spend my free time by doing nothing procutive. i used to be a primarily consumer becacuse in most of the time that i had free time, i spend it by watching television, internet, facebook, taking a nap or things like that instead of reading a book, tranmiting my knowledge to others, or helping people to do something. so in that way i can become a producer.

i think that by going to la coperativa de todas Ive become more aware of the labor that we are doing and this makes me feel good because im helping other people to learn things that they dont nknow.and also that im not spending my7 free time doing things that are not productive so instead y can help my comunity.

when we are inthe messenger, facebook,sleeping we do not realize that we are losing our potentialities and qualities we arent exploting the at the maximo that we can give. LAZZYNESS is a big factor that makes us pasive consumers so we have to overcome that and we ha ve to use our free time to create knowledge and ideas and share those things with others, so in that way we are not helping not only ourselves but also the SOCIETYY!!!!

3 comentarios:

  1. you are helping people learning things that they don't know! thats awsome
    but i think that you are also learning things from them..
    you can mention what you learned from them?

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Denisse - Yeah, this video really helps us analyze ourselves and how we spend out time! I hope that realizing that you have TONS of cognitive surplus will motivate you to explore how to use it to contribute to improve our society. I am glad that you relate this to the work you are doing in the Cooperative, this is exactly the idea. I hope you continue doing community service there after this course finishes.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. off course justin at first i didnt like to make the social service i have to say that the first time i went to the cooperativa i wass in abad mood but meanwhile the firsdt training was given by mee and my firend i saw how the socias were involved and also like out capacitations that it changed my way of thibnking and noww i love to go and make that sacrifices un saturdays i really enjoy going there!

    ResponderEliminar